Free Tax Preparation - Last Day!
As a member of the Boston Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) Coalition, DotWell offers FREE tax preparation for hard working Dorchester families. Taxpayers who earned less than $50,000 in the previous tax year can have their taxes prepared for free and claim important tax credits such as the EITC. Dorchester Locations and Hours: Codman Square Health Center's 450 Washington St, Monday and Wednesdays 4 p.m.-8 p.m.; Saturdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m., and Dorchester House Multi-Service Center, 1353 Dorchester Ave, Monday and Wednesdays 4 p.m.-8 p.m.; Saturdays 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Please bring the following required items to your tax site:
• Social Security Card (or Taxpayer ID Number-ITIN) for you, your children, and your spouse
• Proof of Health Insurance- bring your 1099HC or Health Insurance Card(s) for you and all family members
• All W-2 forms, All 1099 forms-1099G for unemployment and/or 1099R for pension payments
• All 1098T forms for tuition payments and receipts for books and materials
• Total childcare expenses last year and the name, address, Employer Identification Number (EIN) or Social Security Number for your child care provider(s)
• 1098E forms for student loan interest paid
• Total rent paid last year
• Any mail from the IRS
• A copy of last year’s tax return
• Your bank account and routing numbers to directly deposit your refund
• Total real estate paid last year (if applicable)
Your taxes cannot be filed without the proper documents!
Taxpayers earning less than $49,000/year
Additional services including credit counseling benefit screening and FAFSA assistance.
For more information, contact:
Jason Andrade (Tax Site Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-822-8120