Elma Lewis Playhouse in the Park, Jul. 12, Jul. 19, Jul. 26, Aug. 9 & Aug. 16
The Franklin Park Coalition invites people of all ages to the annual Elma Lewis Playhouse in the Park. This event includes free concerts and films. Morning events will include dancing and drumming for kids and their families. Evening events will include various genres of music and talent acts. The events will take place at 1 Circuit Drive in Dorchester. For more information call 617-442-4141 or visit http://www.franklinparkcoalition.org/.
Bring a picnic supper, your lawn chairs, and lots of friends. All ages!
July 12 - Opening Night
- 11 a.m. - Stajez Dance Company
- 6 p.m. - E-Water Band with dance favorites from the 70s, 80s, and 90s.
- 11 a.m. -Marcus Santos' Grooversity drummers
- 6 p.m. - We Jazz Up with Frank Wilkins, Tim Ingles & friends
- 11 a.m. - Estrellas Tropicales Baton Twirlers
- 6 p.m. - Zili Misik - Afro-Caribbean jazz
- National Night Out - look for Boston Police activities around the city
- Dusk (about 8 p.m.) - Latino Movie Night: a selection of shorts and one major length film from the Boston International Latino Film Festival
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Children's Festival
- Dusk (about 8 p.m.) Mayor Menino's Movie Night: Toy Story 3